Using the Ultimate Stunts server program 0.6.x
Starting the program
To use the server, just start the "ustuntsserver" program. You can set initial
values on the commandline with the syntax variable=value. For example:
Values that can be set on the commandline can also be changed within the program. The
advantage of the commandline is that you know the initial value. For example, if some
other application has already reserved the default port number 4301, then the ustuntsserver
program might fail to start when the port number is not changed on the commandline.
Directly after starting the server, it start listening on the network port so
that clients can connect to it. Every time a client is added, this will be
displayed to you.
While waiting for clients to be added, you can give commands to the server. The
"help" command shows which commands are available on your version of the server.
Usually, you should do the following things in this order:
- Start the server program. It is recommended to set the port and
serverName variables on the commandline if you need to change them.
- Then (optionally) set all the variables that need to be changed with the
set command. With the help command you can see a list of variables and
- Now you can tell all the players that they can join the game
- Most variables can still be changed after other players have joined.
It is only not recommended to change the port number or server name.
- You can add AI players with the "addai" command
- When everything is set up correctly, then you can call the "start"
command. The game will not start before:
- you have given the "start" command
- at least minRequests number of players are added to
the player list (either as AI player or remotely over a network
connection). Remote players are added when the "Drive!" option
in the main menu is activated on the remote computer.
- The game can be stopped with the "stop" command
- You can repeat the last steps if you wish to, so you do not need
to restart the server if you want to play a new game.
- You can terminate the server program with "exit" or "quit"